Source of Vitamin B12
- Cyanocobalamin is a plant-based source of B12, which is added to soymilk, vegan vitamins and found naturally in spirulina.
- Cow Milk provides the B12 nutritional requirements of human body.
- Lack of intrinsic factor, a glycoprotein secreted by the stomach. This condition is present in pernicious anemia.
- Poorly functioning terminal ileum (this refers to receptors in the small intestine).
- Part of the stomach surgically removed.
- Inadequate digestive enzymes and gastric acid.
- Impaired liver and/or pancreatic function: Liver stores B12, and secretes it in bile. The pancreas is part of the end stage of absorption.
- Old Age : Absorption of Vitamin B12 tends to decrease as you age. B12 is a factor in conditions normally associated with aging, which respond to supplements.
- B-vitamins can make a great difference for an impacted system (long-term exposure to modern living, process foods, no sunlight, chemicals, stress etc.). Which if they accumulate cannot absorb the nutrition anymore? However, at the same time a young system or a cleansed body will absorb the nutrition again.